( as of Sept 30th 2014 )
These are the instructions for how to do it if you’ve already got it configured and need to add a new app / device. If you don’t have it set up already, GitHub’s docs are… probably passable.
- Go to Settings
- Click on Security
- In the “Two-factor authentication” section click “Edit”
- Yes, even though you don’t want to edit it.
- Under “Delivery options” click “Reconfigure two-factor authentication
- Yes, even though you don’t want to reconfigure it.
- Click “Set up using an app” or “Set up using SMS”